The Weber charcoal grills are among the best products that help us complete get-together parties with your family members. However, we need to take proper care of these grills. Otherwise, they will not serve our needs for long. Various grilling machines help us to make the best kebabs on our BBQ nights. However, while using them, we should always consider grill cleaning as one of the crucial aspects of the process. Regular maintenance of the charcoal grill throughout the season is the best way to maintain the tool’s tiptop shape. Here are some tips on how to maintain the weber grill properly for a more extended period.
At the starting of the grilling season:
As we know, if you want to take care of something, take care of it from the very first day. The same goes for your charcoal grill too. There is an effortless way to clean the gunk from the last year. It would help if you lighted a fire in the grilling machine to burn away those gunk. Also, this is a great way to deal with any insect that was living its days in your griller.
- Leave the cleansing fire there for about half an hour. Then you can use the scraper side of the grill brush to remove the debris and to clean the surface between the grates.
- You might need to buy a few accessories to keep your griller clean at the start of the season. Get a grill brush if you already don’t have one. Or you can also buy a grill tong to use with a ball of foil to clean your grill. If you are opting for the grill tongs, remember, you should opt for the longer ones.
- Also, you should always replace your grill brush every season and inspect the brush regularly for any kind of loose wire bristles. This is just to make sure you are not serving those bristles with your food.
When the grill is cool:
If the weber grill is not in a horrible shape, you can skip the steps mentioned above. Here is how you can maintain your grill when it is cool.
- When your grilling machine has a charcoal grate along with the cooling grate, move both of them. Now brush away the big chunks of ash, charcoal, or any other debris from these grates. Soak the grates with soap water, and then clean it off.
- Wash everything on the inside. Also, wash away the lids and the bowl with soap water. Use a scrubber brush or a steel wool soap pad. These are some of the best ways to clean your BBQ grill before any get-together.
- Now comes the cleaning of the cooking and the charcoal grate. Use a scraper and a weber grill brush to clean the mess up. You can apply veggie oil, like olive oil, on the grate. Then clean it with a paper towel. Beef or bacon fat can also be a great way to keep the grates clean.
- You can use cooking spray as a cleaner for the grates; however, you should avoid it, especially when the charcoals are burning.
It would help if you cleaned it in every couple of weeks until the season ends:
If you want to keep your griller in perfect shape throughout the season, you need to clean it every once in a while.
- It would be best if you emptied the bowl, cook box, grates. You should remove all the parts of your grill. Then wash them all with care; excessive ash accumulation might block the vents of the griller. So it would help if you did this every couple of weeks.
- Also, it would be best if you kept the inside of the lid clean too. Most of us are ignorant of cleaning the lids of the grill. However, the lids of the grill might gift smoke, debris, and grease to your food.
- You should also remove the charcoal grate and scrape the bottom and the inside of the bowl.
- You can also clean the inside of the cooking cavity using a brush and regular soapy water. This will also help you to keep your machine clean before every party you throw at your home.
At the end of the season:
Now, as the end of the grilling season is approaching, there are specific tips to maintain your griller then too.
- Wash the bowl and the lid
- Remove the ashes from the griller
- Oil the cooking grate
- Clean the cooking grate and the charcoal grate
- Cover the grill with a waterproof cover.
These are some great tips you should remember if you want to keep your grill clean and in perfect condition throughout the season. Keep these tips in mind, and you will make your parties more charming. Try them today.